We are doing so many things online this year that will make our learning more relevant and exciting! Just today, we completed the following tasks:
- We used Padlet to create a class brainstorming session discussing the character traits of Moose, the main character in Al Capone Does My Shirts.
- We practiced our parts of speech with Grammar Gorillas (Funbrain.com) as a class and in partners.
- Students enrolled in Google Classroom and individually completed a common and proper noun assignment with sentences about Al Capone.
- I showed students how to use Word Central, an online dictionary and thesaurus. Students used it to work on a vocabulary crossword for words in Al Capone Does My Shirts.
- Students were super excited to join our Tynker classroom where they will learn to write computer code. This is a great skill that teaches problem solving in the highly emphasized area of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). Students will learn to create a simple game and possibly animated cards and videos.